Saturday, July 4, 2009

Stackopolis

For this week's Flash Game Friday (yes, I know it's Saturday... shut up), I'm presenting Stackopolis. Stackopolis is a flash game I discovered a couple years ago; I played through the entire game in one sitting. While it doesn't necessarily have tons of replay value, that first play is definitely a good time.

Basic idea: you are a city building planner (builder? architect?) and you are given a set of building blocks that you must rearrange in a set amount of time to create a building that matches a blueprint provided to you. Does that make sense? Probably not. Just go play it.

If you are like me (and I know I am), you'll start playing this and then continue to play it until you finish. The game mechanic is simple but, once again, strangely addictive.

Oh, and make sure you look the blueprint. I started replaying it a few days ago and forgot about the blueprint. Want a new challenge? Try creating the building merely from the artists rendition. It's... harder.

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did -- leave some comments and let me know what you thought.

2 comments:

  1. I tried this for a little while, but couldn't get past the third or fourth level, and didn't have the patience for the trial and error. But that's probably due to my horrible spatial awareness and memory, something you know all too well (ahem... driving in Jo'burg).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you didn't like it... what was the trial and error you are talking about? It's really just a matter of starting with the back corner of the diamond and filling in things forward as fast as you can. Being a quick mouse user seemed to make more difference than anything for me.

    ReplyDelete